GM/Senior Director of Buyer Development Japan (team leader)
Based in Tokyo
This role is for a strategic-thinker that has built credibility amongst their Agency and Advertiser partners over the past 10 years in Japan.
More importantly, you must be a ‘lead from the front’ who can think strategically as well as get involved in the team.
As the leader in this newly formed team, your role will be to identify how OpenX and our products can best fit into the needs of Agency and Advertiser partners in Japan and then apply your knowledge and network to drive Demand. This role reports directly to the Managing Director, APAC for OpenX.
You will have the opportunity to build a new team and help OpenX Japan grow in a new direction for SSPs where the focus is on influencing and incentivising programmatic spend on OpenX.
You will manage day-to-day workflow, and partner engagement between OpenX and partners, including monitoring key performance indicators to ensure partners’ success and satisfaction with our products, and driving revenue by identifying client growth opportunities.
This role will be in partnership with the Japanese Platform team (that focus on DSP and Publishers) to present a unified solution to our partners in the market. In addition, this role interfaces directly with various internal OpenX teams located across global offices and time zones, such as: OpenX Support, Sales, Yield Management, Product Management, and Ad Quality teams to ensure that OpenX delivers overall superior service while managing, and exceeding expectations throughout the customer life cycle.
To start, you will have a Demand Account Manager (also TBH) in support of growth. As we grow the business, we will invest into building out a BD team to support.
Own and manage Japan's book of Demand business with the focus on driving and surpassing revenue targets for Demand from Agencies and Advertisers.
The team will start as a small team of 2 and quickly grow to support growth plans which means you must be willing to ‘get your hands dirty’.
Identification and prioritization of opportunities to evangelize our global demand strategy and localize it for Japan.
Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the OpenX monetization suite of products and how demand partners can most effectively engage with those various products
Represent the company at trade-shows and other industry events
● Bilingual proficiency required; fluent in both Japanese and English (speaking, reading, written)
● At least 10 years of online advertising sales experience in mobile, video, online advertising and ad technology with a proven successful track record
● Credibility amongst the key Agency partners in Japan
● Strong network of local and global demand relationships and knowledge of the online media business and technology landscape in Japan
● 10+ years working in online advertising with a focus on Agency and Advertisers (Demand)
● 6+ years managing and mentoring a team
● Proven history of managing strategic relationships
● Excellent teamwork and communications skills
● Experience in growing a book of business with a history of managing strategic relationships, and attaining and surpassing revenue goals
● Practical “hands-on” experience interacting with clients using advertising products and technology
● BA or equivalent education preferred with a strong academic record
● Willingness to travel internationally as needed (work is mostly based in Tokyo)