Regional Senior Data Privacy Counsel - Legal Affairs Center, SIN
Our client seeks a mid-level to senior attorney to advise on data protection and compliance matters in the Asia Pacific region, and to serve as the company's Regional Data Privacy Counsel for the Asia Pacific region. As a key part of the company's growing Privacy Team, the Regional Data Privacy Counsel for the Asia Pacific region will provide privacy and data protection guidance for Singapore, Japan, South Korea and several other South East Asia countries within Asia Pacific Region. Knowledge in handling privacy matters in UAE will be an added advantage.
The Regional Data Privacy Counsel will play a highly visible and impactful role at the company and will report to the Chief Privacy Officer and Deputy General Counsel, SEA while working directly with senior leadership, internal and external stakeholders, and regulators on privacy and data protection matters.
• Advise marketing, operations, information technology, and human resources teams on compliance with global data protection laws, regulations, and practices, including the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA), Japanese Act on the Protection of Personal Information (APPI), the South Korean Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA), and other major laws, regulations, and requirements.
• Conduct internal privacy assessments and compliance examinations, including privacy impact assessments, transfer impact assessment, and third-party risk management reviews. • Advise on discussions with the supervisory, regulatory, and data protection authorities around the world.
• Maintain and update form data protection agreements, related questionnaires, and assessments.
• Assist marketing, information technology, security, human resources, and procurement departments in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating data protection related agreements.
• Provide legal and strategic advice and guidance in support of cross-border data flows and related projects.
• Foster a culture of privacy compliance and privacy by design.
• Monitor legal and regulatory developments in data protection to anticipate emerging trends, spot issues, and help the company make informed strategic decisions.
• Experienced lawyer with 4 to 7 years of privacy or product counselling experience at either an international law firm, government agency, or in-house at a technology company. Prior in-house experience at a technology company is preferred but not required.
• At least 3 years’ in depth working knowledge of privacy principles, with experience advising clients on privacy matters in the Asia Pacific region, and on cross-border data transfers, data protection agreements, data subject access requests, and audience engagement technologies.
• Positive, friendly, can-do and collaborative attitude focused on maintaining the highest standards of business and professional conduct.
• Strong work ethic with excellent analytic skills.
• Demonstrated ability to respond to changing demands and shifting priorities quickly in a fast past, high-growth environment.
• A willingness to learn new skills, technologies, and businesses.
• Fluent written and spoken English is required.
• Must be licensed to practice law either in Singapore or United States, the European Union, the United Kingdom