Regional Legal Counsel- Legal Affairs Center, SIN
Our client is an international B2C fashion e-commerce company and mainly targets Europe, America, Australia, and the Middle East along with other consumer markets. The business now covers more than 220 countries and regions around the world. In 2021, the company was honored as Piper Sandler's Top Brand for Young Americans; Top 1 fashion brand in terms of Instagram engagement; Top 2 popular e-commerce site, etc. In the company, we work with outstanding, creative, and capable peers. We share an energetic and open culture for capable people to discern, work and ignite as a team.
This position directly reports to the Deputy General Counsel, SEA. We are seeking a corporate generalist to handle a variety of commercial, corporate, IP, regulatory and employment matters.
• Review, structure, draft and negotiate commercial agreements in a broad range of transactional disciplines, including but not limited to marketing and services agreements, online promotional activities; procurement, publisher agreements, production agreements, co-branding agreements and license agreements in Southeast Asia, Japan and UAE.
• Ensure Company actions or processes comply with company policies, laws and regulations, especially in respect to marketing and promotional issues.
• Gather and evaluate internal and external information, and perform legal research and analysis.
• Work with Human Resources Department and/or outside counsel on various labor and employment issues in the region.
• Create business legal reports and correspondence, and effectively present information to internal stakeholders and senior management.
• Minimum 5 years of corporate/commercial law experience. In-house experience preferred.
• Prior experience handling marketing, employment matters in the Philippines/Thailand and UAE an added advantage.
• Experience with marketing and online shopping business a major plus.
• Good legal drafting, research and analytical skills
• Strong work ethic with excellent analytic skills, attention to detail, responsible and good sense of professional accountability.
• Demonstrated ability to respond to changing demands and shifting priorities quickly in a fast past, high-growth environment.
• A willingness to learn new skills, technologies, and businesses.
• Positive, friendly, can-do and collaborative attitude focused on maintaining the highest standards of business and professional conduct.
• Must be licensed to practice law in either Singapore or the United States, the European Union, the United Kingdom