Head of Payments - Malaysia
Finance - Fintech
Head of payments to lead the country's operation in a leading Fintech / payments regional business
- Build and Lead a local team and own key payment metrics for the market and derive actionable insights into improving customer experience, performance, and processing costs. Identify optimization opportunities for the payment experience and payment method performance
- Own and manage the relationship with all partners and players in the payment ecosystem for the market such as acquirers, issuers, processors, schemes and payment partners in the country, in various areas such as partner selection, performance, cost, regulatory monitoring, operational excellence, etc.
- Optimize and fine tune our payment processing in the region and work closely with issuers, card brands and PSPs to roll out new initiatives (regulatory, compliant, 3DS 2.x, tokenization, BNPL, etc.).
- Work closely with cross-functional partners in Product to identify new opportunities and generate product thought starters to deliver a locally relevant payments experience and product offering. Define the business requirements for any new payment method, experience or performance optimization opportunity in the market. Refine the payment experience for the given market/region as necessary.
- Collaborate with the regional payment Partnerships and operations teams to ensure strategic alignment of the regional relationships across all markets, when applicable.
- Define the Payments business strategy for local markets, identify opportunities and challenges and create a local roadmap to tackle them.
- A payments expert with a minimum 10 years of payments experience, having deep industry and market knowledge of payment processing, eWallet, digital payments, BNPL and general ecommerce with strong curiosity and interest in the consumer payments landscape.
- Deep insights into local payments trends, consumer preferences, payment regulations, and have experience in the payments industry or in an online business with a focus on enabling payments in local country
- Able to remain highly organized in a loosely structured and fast-paced environment.
- Experience and comfort operating with a high degree of freedom and responsibility - motivated, disciplined, self-driven, and able to work autonomously.
- Strong project management and collaboration skills across multiple functional areas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make data-driven decisions and translate identified opportunities into actionable changes.
- Existing relationships across the payments ecosystem.
- Possessing a high level of intellectual curiosity, focused on generating results, and exhibits the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
- Strong communication ability to build alignment with people from different background and cultures, both online and offline, be able to talk to senior leaders
❮ View more jobs