Our client is an internet giant with worldwide operations that is hiring a new global position for a digital trade platform. The role to be based in either Hong Kong or Singapore.
- Reporting to the Global Head of Commerce, you will be responsible for building and engaging stakeholders in the business sector, government, international trade organizations, industry associations, communities, etc worldwide.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive government relations strategy to encourage participation of the platform
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key government officials, regulators, and other stakeholders
- Monitor legislative and regulatory developments affecting the company and global e-commerce
- Represent the company in meetings and discussions with government officials and other stakeholders
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and policies, undertaking lobbing and advocacy work/projects as required
- Provide guidance to the company's management team on government relations matters
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree a plus
- A minimum 10 years of relevant experience with a keen understanding of international relations, foreign governments, and global organizations; lobbying experience on international trade highly preferred
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills in addition to strong relationship management, leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of global free trade markets
- Demonstrated political acumen and appreciation of nuance
- Proven track record of consistently productive collaboration with diverse colleagues in a highly-matrixed work environment
- Ability and willingness to work across multiple time zones, countries and cultures
- Fluent English and Mandarin language skills