Accelerating trends in the Financial Services industry are rapidly transforming the needs of Banking, Insurance and Wealth Management organizations. Accordingly, our client has expanded their historical focus on marketing activities to address broader C-suite business challenges. To meet the growing needs and expectations, they have established industry vertical teams to develop innovative cross-functional solutions that have a transformative impact on how the Financial Service companies interact with and serve customers.
Reporting to the Global Financial Services Vertical Lead, the Global Financial Services Solutions Strategist will lead the development of vertical oriented solutions in the Financial Services sector. The primary objective of this role is to collaborate with global teams and key resources to identify, pitch and win new business that delivers significant incremental client revenues resulting from our new solutions.
This role requires a leader who will:
- Leverage broad global capabilities to develop innovative client focused solutions to solve business problems based on deep knowledge of industry trends and challenges.
- Cultivate internal relationships to be able to quickly rally teams around client challenges and convert new business opportunities.
- Be a trusted advisor to senior level leaders across the Financial Services industry.
Innovation and solution development
- Be an expert in the trends and challenges that are facing the Financial Services industry.
- Understand current offerings and weave multiple capabilities across service lines into cohesive solutions for our clients.
- Develop innovative Financial Services solutions that meet the needs of C-suite leaders and provide quantifiable business benefit.
- Translate our solutions into easily understandable offerings that resonate in the marketplace.
- Establish the methodologies and procedures for conducting research, design concepts, prototyping, and product development across the product management department.
- In collaboration with the relevant internal teams and stakeholders, review of capabilities and commercials of emerging Financial Services technology platforms to ensure maximum impact.
- Produce thought leadership content and represent our client with media/press, analysts, clients, partners and across the industry.
- Actively support our client’s Financial Services narrative, presentations at conferences, meetings, and events.
- Create training, education and other programs intended to foster a common understanding of Financial Services trends and challenges.
Internal leadership & engagement
- Be an evangelist of our client’s Financial Services solutions across our client’s Service Lines and Regions so that Financial Services client teams and sellers understand the new level of value that the global Financial Services vertical can add to their relationships. Financial Services solutions across our client’s Service Lines and Regions so that Financial Services client teams and sellers understand the new level of value that the global Financial Services vertical can add to their relationships.
- Identify and develop relationships with Financial Services client leads (e.g. ICLs, CPs) in each market to develop unqualified leads into qualified opportunities.
- Be a resource for internal dentsu teams to formulate expert positions clearly and concisely on Financial Services trends and challenges. teams to formulate expert positions clearly and concisely on Financial Services trends and challenges.
- Partner with Integrated Client Leads (ICLs) and Client Partners (CPs) to establish trusted relationships with client executives to create new opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Work with the ICLs and CPs to undertake product analysis such as gap analysis to establish product differentiation and execution strategies.
- Collaborate with ICLs and CPs to realise increased revenue, resulting from the Financial Services solutions.
- Be an evangelist of the Financial Services solutions to the global marketplace (clients, analysts, pitch consultants, media, etc.) so understand they understand and appreciate the new level of value that the global Financial Services vertical can add to their businesses.
- Develop sales strategies to help ICLs and CPs bring our solutions to market.
- Tell a compelling story of the value of the Financial Service solutions to win the confidence of C-suite clients outside of the marketing function.
- Consultative skills to be able to understand client challenges and offer impactful solutions. 10+ years of consultative or agency experience required.
- Innovative mindset to be able to recognize opportunities and solutions beyond traditional approaches.
- Complex decision-making skills to be able to solve even the toughest and most complex industry problems.
- Ability to network to effectively interact across all levels of C-suite stakeholders.
- Experience in developing solutions to support the sale of new services to clients
- Hands on skills using data and research to drive decisions.
- Unbridled curiosity and high energy fueled by an honest belief in our client’s ability to uniquely meet the need of the Financial Services industry.
- Solid understanding of ad and mar-tech landscape with particular focus on enterprise partner and alliances capabilities.
- Multi-lingual skills preferred (Japanese, Spanish, French, German).
- Well organized in order to be efficient and effective in a complex global environment.
- Action and outcome oriented behavior that can distinguish between activity and true progress.
- Have a sense of humor to be able to deal with the pressures associated with a demanding role.
- Act with integrity, honor and character to set an example in an outside of the organization of how our client lives up to their core principles.