If you are passionate about tech and the start-up ecosystem, and love building relationships, come and drive the growth of Founders Forum in Asia.
We are looking for a regional ecosystem lead to join the Founders Forum community and events team, to play a significant role in curating inspiring content for our events in Asia.
As an ecosystem lead, you will be responsible for curating inspirational events to build Founders Forum’s Asia proposition. You will be responsible for building relationships with leading founders, investors, corporate leaders and government; crafting the content agendas; building commercial relationships and liaising with our event partners on the ground.
This role is our first hire in Singapore and the start of growing our brand presence, with opportunities to build a future team and portfolio of Asia events.
Role is based in Singapore, candidate must have right to work.
Salary: Competitive depending on experience + bonus
About Founders Forum
Founders Forum is Europe’s prominent entrepreneur community, focused around a number of annual events where our guests engage in open debate, brainstorms, discussion and problem solving in an intimate and collaborative atmosphere - building connections and discussing how to accelerate the positive impact of technology on the world.
Now, in our fifteenth year, we continue to host invite-only forums, tackling era-defining questions in iconic locations worldwide. We have welcomed guests such as Eric Schmidt, Google; Richard Branson, Virgin Group; Katherine Ryder, Maven Clinic; Reid Hoffman, LinkedIn; Evan Spiegel, Snap Inc; Emily Weiss, Glossier; Shahrzad Rafati, BroadbandTV; Sir David Attenborough, Broadcaster; Marissa Mayer, Yahoo; Bob Iger, Disney; Jean Liu, Didi Chuxing; Ted Sarandos, Netflix; Carolyn McCall, ITV; Tim Steiner, Ocado … the list goes on!
As our community has grown, Founders Forum has built a family of companies to support the needs of entrepreneurs at every stage of their journey. These businesses cover advisory, executive search, diversity and inclusion, venture creation, investment, education, giving and more.
As ecosystem lead, your priority responsibility will be building relationships across Asia, with a particular focus on Singapore, and shaping the strategy and delivery on the curation of community-driven, invite only events.
Responsibilities will include:
- Growing our community: Build relationships with Founders and their chief of staffs. Seek the most exciting names in tech - from new rising stars, to finding routes to connect with ‘hard to reach’ superstars, to feed into the content and community team to invite to the FF events as speakers and guests. Become a part of the tech scene and attend local networking events to build guest, speaker and partner pipeline to feed into our contact database and into the team. Consider a focus on diversity and take steps to improve our ethnicity and gender community growth.
- Foster long term relationships: Develop relationships with government, partners, media and collaborators. Support on account management and drive government grant applications and seek opportunities with media and collaborators.
- Build VC relationships: Proactively seek out connections with the best VCs in Asia. Encourage participation in the events and recommendations for rising stars and the yet to be discovered, exciting startups coming through.
- Feed in local insight to support on building high impact content : Support our content team with feeding in ideas for themes, content and speakers by keeping your ear to the ground and following Asia market trends. Support and facilitate the curation of invites to best in class industry leaders and influence them to participate in our events and digital content, collaborating with our content team.
- Identify new partnership opportunities: Identify and self-generate business development opportunities by building relationships with corporate CEOs and VCs in particular. Work in collaboration with the partnerships team to secure new sponsors for the Asia events.
- Act as a Founders Forum Group brand ambassador: Represent Founders Forum on the ground and host local dinners/breakfasts with the ecosystem. Grow the FF brand presence in Asia and represent the group as a whole and support in promotion of our sub-businesses and their potential geo-expansion (e.g. Founders Law, Founders Keepers)
- Support on the project management of high quality delivery of the event programmes: Whether running a 15-person dinner or 200-person forum, the ecosystem lead will need to support the smooth delivery of events in collaboration with the rest of the team. As our first Singapore based employee, this will mean working with the UK operations team to deliver the event, visit venues and suppliers etc.
- Sponsor & Stakeholder Management: most of our events are supported and co-hosted with our partners; and in collaboration with our partnership team, we aim to seamlessly integrate sponsors and founders in the 'event and community' experience. The ecosystem lead will be responsible for fostering commercial relationships, alongside our partnerships team, by participating in meetings face to face.
- Strategy and propositions: Develop the Founders Forum Asia event proposition by ensuring the content, formats, guests are relevant and timely to our speakers, community and partners.
- Identify and launch new opportunities in Asia: Build the partnerships and relationships needed to get new ideas and opportunities off the ground (e.g community dinners, country roadshows, event collaborations, sector specific content, Digital content opportunities)
You’ll have knocked our socks off in 6 months if…
- You have sourced and confirmed some world-class speakers
- You have developed the Founders Forum Asia strategy and proposition with sights on new opportunities to explore
- You have identified a pipeline of new sponsorship and partnership leads and are embedded in the ecosystem building relationships
This is a role for you if…
- You’ve had 3 years experience in a content / community/ VC or startup commercial related role, with experience in seeking and building new relationships
- You love building relationships and want to be at the heart of the tech world, developing a series of world-class community events for leading founders, corporates and investors.
- You have entrepreneurial drive – you are creative, resilient, self-driven and naturally curious.
- You are an effective writer and communicator with strong interpersonal skills capable of influencing internal and external stakeholders.
- You are able to think critically and flexibly, and make changes where necessary to achieve goals in a deadline-oriented environment.
- You are commercially minded and able to influence stakeholders and partners and uncover opportunities
- You are comfortable at working independently and remote working
- You are structured and organised with strong attention to detail